Global to Local facilitates SeaTac-Tukwila Community Coalition, a partnership of community-based organizations that work collectively to address SeaTac and Tukwila’s most pressing economic problems, social issues, and racial inequity. We focus on strengthening the long-term stability of low-wage workers, communities of color, and immigrants to ensure everyone has opportunities to prosper and lead healthy lives.
SeaTac-Tukwila Community Coalition members collaborate to:
- support workforce development, career pathways, and business incubation for immigrants and refugees;
- develop leadership workshops to empower community members to address local social, economic, and political issues;
- boost local civic engagement; and
- prevent and mitigate the impacts of displacement of residents and local businesses.
Member organizations include Congolese Integration Network, Partner in Employment, Somali Health Board. Communities of Opportunity is the coalition’s funding partner.
Global to Local supports the coalition by: convening community-based organizations to determine local priorities and strategies; managing contracts with partner organizations that implement projects to advance community priorities; and coordinating internal and external communications.
- Watch our videos to learn how SeaTac-Tukwila Community Coalition is helping to keep communities in place and build opportunities for high-wage work.
- Contact Deputy Director A.J. McClure for more information about SeaTac-Tukwila Community Coalition.